Finding a PS5 in stock may be difficult, but it’s not impossible. This guide will help you get the PS5 as soon as possible, or at least before Christmas without paying inflated prices. Below are several links to where to check for the PS5 in stock, and a guide on how to get a notification when the PS5 is in stock at a retailer so that you can quickly order one.
The PS5 is available for $399 for the All Digitial Edition and $499 for the version with a disc. Both versions are difficult to find in stock and it will take some patience to find one if you haven’t ordered a PS5 yet.
Walmart held a special event on November 12th to sell the PlayStation 5 in batches, but that event is now over. Keep an eye out for similar promotions in the coming days and weeks from Walmart and other retailers.
After seeing the PS5 go in and out of stock in October, it remained out of stock so far this month for pre-order. We expect that we could see some stock arrive as orders are canceled and new stock is available.
Where to Find the PS5 in Stock
The PlayStation 5 is sold at several stores directly, and you can buy it on eBay if you are willing to pay a premium.
Here’s a rundown of where you can check the PS5 stock manually, which is smart to do as it can give you an edge in some cases
- Check Amazon PS5 Stock
- Check Best Buy PS5 Stock
- Check GameStop PS5 Stock
- Check Walmart PS5 Stock
- Check Target PS5 Stock
- Lightning Speed - Harness the power of a custom CPU, GPU, and SSD with Integrated I/O that rewrite the rules of what a PlayStation console can do.
- Stunning Games - Marvel at incredible graphics and experience new PS5 features.
- Breathtaking Immersion - Discover a deeper gaming experience with support for haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and 3D Audio technology.
You can also use these links to check for the PS5 Digital Edition in stock to save $100 if you don’t need a disc drive.
- Check Amazon PS5 Digital Edition Stock
- Check Best Buy PS5 Digital Edition Stock
- Check GameStop PS5 Digital Edition Stock
- Check Walmart PS5 Digital Edition Stock
- Check Target PS5 Digital Edition Stock
Most of these retailers let you sign up for an in-stock alert. You can also do in-store pre-orders at some GameStop locations, but quantities may already be spoken for.
How to Find the PS5 in Stock
If you don’t want to manually check the stock at stores, you can sign up to get tracking alerts from NowInStock. These are great in addition to any in stock alerts that the retailers allow you to set up directly.
- Go to the PS 5 page on NowInStock.
- Register for a free account at NowInStock.
- Check your inbox for a verification email and click the correct link to verify.
- Go back to the PS5 NowInStock page.
- Click Add/Manage alerts in the right corner of the screen.
- Add an item to track it.
You can get browser alerts, text alerts, or email alerts when the model you want is in stock.
You can also see the history of when the PS5 is in stock at specific retailers. Use this to know when you should manually check or when you should expect an alert.
How to Get a PS5 Right Now
While you can’t get the PS5 right now, if you don’t want to mess with a retailer or waiting for pre-orders to start back up when small amounts trickle in, you can look for a reseller on eBay.
People are already reselling their PS5 pre-orders on eBay for a several hundred dollar premium.
Be careful to read the listing, we’ve already spotted someone selling a piece of paper pretending to be a PS5, and there will doubtlessly be other questionable listings. eBay is pretty good at closing those down on pre-orders like this, but just be cautious.
Last update on 2020-11-19. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.